Friday, November 26, 2010

How to Say I Love You inMandarin Chinese

When we learn foreign
languages one of the first things
we always want to learn are the
swear words. But, once we learn
the swear words we never end
up using them because they are
rude - especially when spoken to
a native speaker who wants to
hear us say something pleasant
and nice!
So, the next things we want to
learn how to say are: How to
Count to Ten, What is Your
Name, Thank You, Good-Bye
and of course I LOVE YOU!
In the following video tutorial
Chinese lession I'll teach you
how to say I love you in
Mandarin Chinese. It's much
easier than you think and after
watching the video you should
be able to say it perfectly!
The first character is wǒ. That
means I or me. In the Chinese
language there is no distinction
between I or me - just one
character wǒ. Be sure you say it
with the third dipping tone or it
will come out wrong.
The second character is for love
and is pronounced ài with the
fourth falling tone. Be sure you
get that fourth falling tone right.
If you say it with the third
dipping tone you'll be saying
"short" as in short height in
Mandarin and not love!
The third character is for you:
nǐ . Again, be sure you say that
one with the third dipping tone.
So, if you put it all together you
get wǒ ài nǐ or in Chinese
characters: 我爱你. I have
included a picture of wǒ ài nǐ
below for your reference. You
may watch the video over and
over again until you get it.
Learn Mandarin Chinese
Online
Also, for many more great and
fun videos for learning Mandarin
Chinese online you may check
out my blog at:

No comments:

Post a Comment